“O come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great king above all gods.
O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.” – Psalm 95:1-3,6-7
Santa Fe is a singing church. Guests and members alike often remark on the enthusiasm and joy of our congregational hymns and praise songs. I pray that the “spirit of praise” will continue on and on as we grow and share God’s blessings as a congregation. Hymn writer Fred Pratt Green wrote these beautiful words: “When in our music God is glorified, and adoration leaves no room for pride, it is as though the whole creation cried: Alleluia! Let every instrument be tuned for praise! Let all rejoice who have a voice to raise! And may God give us faith to sing always: Alleluia!”
Our wonderful Chancel Choir is always looking for new members. We have joyful experiences on Wednesday nights making music and enjoying Christian fellowship. Years ago I found these “Advantages for Joining the Choir” from another church’s newsletter. Take a look; maybe one will strike your fancy:
- You never have to worry about what to wear.
- You have excellent seats and are assured a reserved seat for Christmas and Easter.
- From your advantageous seat, you can smile at, gawk at, ignore and otherwise enjoy the rest of the people in the congregation.
- The pastor is nearly always looking the other direction.
- You’re in a wonderful spot to see new members
- The cost for all these benefits? Just one evening a week (really, just about an hour)
- Oh, yes, one more reason to join the choir: You’re a leader in the worship experience.
We also look forward to great Fall and Holiday Seasons at Santa Fe. Here are some dates to remember:
October 1 – –World Communion Sunday
October 29 – Reformation Sunday
November 15 – Church Thanksgiving Dinner at 6:00pm
November 19 – Music on Santa Fe presents Kyle Dillingham in concert aty 6:30pm
December 3 – The 1st Sunday of Advent / “Hanging of the Greens”
December 20 – Church Christmas Dinner at 6:00pm
December 24 – A CEREMONY OF LESSONS AND CAROLS – led by the Chancel Choir and Instrumentalists, 11:00 a.m.
“O come, let us adore Him.”
In God’s love, Tim G.